Thursday, September 9, 2010

My! How Things Change in a YEAR!

Today is an anniversary that we acknowledge carefully, but don't look back on so fondly. Anna had a full corpus callostomy one year ago today with 5 following surgeries due to complications. She is so brave and strong.

Summer has come and gone, although the Texas heat lingers! We had a nice and pretty relaxing summer. Camille was on the Steiner Ranch Stars blue swim team, attended a Backyard Bible Camp via Hill Country Bible Church, went to gymnastics for a few weeks, and just hung out with family and friends. Our only trips were a week to Arkansas to visit my parents and a day at Schlitterbahn Water Park. Oh! And I did go floating a river with Camille, that I will never do again by myself! We wrapped up the floating and headed to the outlet malls!

Anna continues to improve and thankfully, still only has about 1 seizure a month! The start of the school year has been good. She is riding the bus, which picks her up a little too early, but she seems to truly enjoy the ride.

The biggest change for us is that I have gone back to work in telecom. One day we were sitting at the pool and I asked Louis...what am I going to do in Sept. when the girls are in school and Anna only has therapy at the hospital one day a week now? His response is....RELAX! My response is...I don't do that very well! I find myself shopping, cooking, and eating....which sends me back to shopping, cooking....and you get the picture. Anyway, about week later a dear friend called and asked if I was interested in going back into telecom. After a couple of conversations and a 15 minute phone interview with the owner of the company, I'm working 4 days a week, from home for Bluemile Networks. I just started, but things are going well and the people have been great! Isn't it funny how God opens doors just at the right time!

Louis stays busy with TSM and growing his business. He also stays busy with his new/old Army trunk that he is busy refurbishing. It is from the 1950's and was used in the Korean War. Today, we just call it Mater...from Cars. It has seen better days, but with Louis' TLC, it will be good as new in a couple of years.

So to wrap it up....all is well with the Barkhuizen Family. Better now than it has every been!

Much Love,
Rebecca

No comments: